Date of establishment: May 1st, 2017
Project commissioner: Okinawa Prefecture Karate Promotion Division
Project manager: Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai
Supervisor: Ikemiyagi Masaaki, present Chief of secretariat of the Shinkokai
Center chief: Uehara Kunio
Public relations: Miguel Da Luz
- Multilingual information diffusion and networking in relation to Okinawa karate
- Multilingual support in regards to all types of inquiries on Okinawa karate
- Coordination between dojo and instructors within the prefecture and national and international karate enthusiasts
Address: 854-1 Tomigusuku, Tomigusuku City Okinawa 901-0241 (within the Okinawa Karate Kaikan)
Business hours: all days AM 9:00-PM 17:00
Closed: every Wednesday, December 30th – January 3rd
Official website: www.okic.okinawa
Established in the birthplace of karate Okinawa, we are here to assist those interested in Okinawa karate and kobudo. Acting impartially, here are some things we can do.
- Answering inquiries regarding to Okinawa karate and kobudo
- Organizing training in Okinawa for individuals or groups in local dojo or seminars at the Okinawa Karate Kaikan and other facilities. Visit the page About training in Okinawa
- Supporting your needs by
– Finding accommodations, culture workshops and other types of services in Okinawa.
– Organizing a demonstration or a lecture.
– Organizing a karate historical sites tour in Okinawa. (More information available here)
– Supporting the realization of films, documentaries and reportage’s in relation with karate.
– Renting a karate uniform to train.
– Organize cultural activity trials (Tea ceremony, Japanese calligraphy, bullfighting “experience”, Okinawan cooking lessons, zazen, etc.)
→ Contact us through the contact form sending details on your project